Back to tour main page
Students will be assessed daily at Dr. Cleveland Steward Jr. Elementary School. Teachers and administrators will use the assessment information to drive instruction. Assessments may be as simple as monitoring students as they work in groups or listening to students as they discuss various topics. Teachers will note areas of strength and weakness and use this information to differentiate their instruction.
The following assessment tools will be used in order to develop instructional strategies around your student's needs:
- DIBELS (Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early LIteracy Skills) http://dibels.uoregon.edu/dibelsinfo.php
- Students will be assessed three times during the course of the year. The data will be used to promote those instructional strategies which are most effective and to modify the practices that are not producing the desired student growth.
- STANFORD ACHIEVEMENT TEST(tenth edition)
- This test is administered to all students in grades 1-9, it consists of questions that measure foundation skills, as well as critical thinking processes and strategies.
- 4SIGHT BENCHMARKS
- Students will be assessed at the beginning of the year to develop baseline data and then quarterly throughout the year. 4SIGHT is a smaller version of the PSSA(Pennsylavania System of School Assessemt). It will provide us with a clear picture of how well our students are progressing and give us time to adjust and modify instruction to meet each learner's needs.
- PSSA (Additional PSSA information)
- The PSSA is an exam given to all students in the state of Pennsylvania in grades 3-8 and 11. The exam was developed using the state standards in reading and mathematics.
- Reading Counts (SRI) - Scholastic Reading Inventory - Click here for more information.
At Dr. Cleveland Steward Jr. Elementary assessments will drive instruction.
Authentic work and motivational items will be displayed throughout the building.