GHS: About Gateway High
- Principal: Mr. William Short
- Assistant Principal (Grades 10 & 12): Mr. Peter Murphy
- Assistant Principal (Grades 9 & 11): Dr. John Fournier
- Prinicipal's Office: Janet Estok
- High School Office: Sherie Polenavitch, Attendance Secretary
- High School Office: Becky Gallagher
- Guidance Office: Pati Kallenbaugh
Gateway High School offers an educational environment which fosters a positive relationship among students, teachers, administrators, and the community where respected open communication predominate.
The curriculum provides opportunities and experiences that encourage individual growth and self-esteem, thus enabling students to function competently as productive members of a pluralistic society. The school provides a safe, structured environment where students can identify, learn, and practice the concepts of self-direction, self-evaluation, and self-responsibility.
A learner-centered curriculum exists to foster an understanding of different cultures through appreciating the values of different ethnic groups within the school and by analyzing the events of the past and their impact on society. The basic principles of democratic behavior are included into the educational process so that students may become more productive citizens.
School Goals -
- Provide a variety of educational programs to meet the individual needs of students;
- Reinforce students' basic skills in all academic areas;
- Provide students with opportunities to develop analytical, critical, and creative thinking skills;
- Provide students with opportunities to develop technical training;
- Offer students a variety of extracurricular activities in academic and athletic areas;
- Provide an educational climate that encourages students to behave in a manner that reflects good citizenship;
- Provide a learning atmosphere which is safe and conductive to academic success;
- Provide programs that meet the special needs of different ethnic groups;
Help students acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes, and wellness necessary for successful personal and family living.