GATEWAY DOES NOT ACCEPT TUITION STUDENTS. STUDENTS MUST RESIDE IN MONROEVILLE OR PITCAIRN TO BE ENROLLED.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT --
IT IS NOW NECESSARY TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS. THIS CHANGE WILL ALLOW FOR GREATER CONFIDENTIALITY AND MORE INDIVIDUALIZED ATTENTION.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO ACCESS AND COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORMS. AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FORMS, CALL CENTRAL REGISTRATION AT 412-372-5300 TO SET UP A TIME TO BRING THE FORMS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TO THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING.
Gateway School District Registration Process
HOW DO I BEGIN?
Registration begins by accessing an enrollment packet on the District's Website (click here for online packet). For your convenience, the enrollment packet is designed to allow you to enroll up to three children without having to access a separate enrollment packet for each individual child. The registration packet contains the following:
- Registration Form
- Authorization to Verify Address
- Act 26 (Suspension/Expulsion Notification) Must be notarized.
- Emergency Care Card
- Request for Records from Previous School
- Health History/Pemission to Share Health Information
- Home Language Survey
Please complete the forms online, print a copy and bring to the Central Registration Office. If you do not have access to a computer, one is available at the District Administrative Offices. Call the District Administrative Offices - Central Registration (412) 372-5300 to schedule an appointment. In addition to the online forms, you will need to bring the following information with you:
1. Lease, mortgage statement or deed.
2. Two Additional Proofs of Residency: Can be a current utility bill and one of the following: property tax bill, driver's license, or DOT identification card; or it can be two current utility bills. You can also bring a copy of the Municipality of Monroeville Occupancy Permit.
3. Immunization Records
Your child will not be permitted to start classes without immunization records. The School District is not responsible for obtaining these records.
4. Birth Certificate, Passport, or Certificate of Baptism
5. Latest Report Card for Grades K – 8 or Current Transcript for Grades 9-12
6. Notarized Act 26 (Parent Statement of Suspension & Expulsion Notification)
If your enrollment qualifies as one of the following special conditions, please let Central Registration know as they each require different forms and/or additional information:
- Guardian – Applies to students who will be living with an adult resident and not with their natural or adoptive parents.
- Foster Children – Children living with foster parents. To access a Foster Agency Information Sheet, click here.
- Special Education – Children transferring from outside the district who have been receiving special education services.
- Multiple Family Occupancy – Applies to students whose families are living in the home of a resident family. To access this form click here.
HOW DO I ENROLL FOR:
- Guardian Enrollment – You must provide legal proof that you are the court appointed guardian or complete an affidavit application before a registration will be accepted. If the application is approved, you will then be given the actual affidavit which must be notarized.
- Foster Enrollment – If you are registering foster children, in addition to the standard registration packet, you will be given a Foster Agency Information Sheet to have completed by the foster agency and returned with the registration packet.
- Special Education Enrollment – In addition to the standard registration packet, special education students will need an IEP, NOREP and ER from the previous school.
- Multiple Family Occupancy – There are two additional forms which must be completed and notarized. The family whose home is being claimed as a residence must complete the Certification of Multiple Occupancy and they must provide a current lease or mortgage, PA Driver's License and a current utility bill as proof of residency. The Application for Multiple Occupancy Registration must be completed by the other family living at the same address and they must provide two proofs of residency. In addition, the parent's/guardian's W-2 Internal Revenue Statement must be submitted on or before May 1st of each year the student is enrolled as a multiple occupant student.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR FREE OR REDUCED PRICE SCHOOL MEALS?
A paper application is available, upon request, during registration. Parents can also click here to access COMPASS (Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Access to Social Services) and apply for free or reduced price school meals online through the National School Lunch Program. Additional information on the National School Lunch Program is available here.
WHEN CAN MY CHILD BEGIN CLASSES?
At all levels K-12, the registration packet will be sent to the building principal. After the principal has reviewed the packet, it will be sent to the school nurse to be checked to insure that all immunizations have been received.
At the elementary (grades K-4) and middle school level (grades 5-8), the principal will make a homeroom assignment, notify the teachers and the Transportation Department, and gather an extra desk and books. You will then be notified by the building secretary or middle school counselors of the child’s homeroom assignment and bus information and the date your child can start classes:
Moss Side Middle School (Grades 5 & 6) Office - 412-373-5830
Gateway Middle School (Grades 7 & 8) Office – 412-373-5787
At the high school level (grades 9 –12), you will be contacted by the guidance counselor to schedule your child’s courses. If you haven’t heard from the guidance counselor after three days, call the school’s guidance office:
Senior High Guidance Office – 412-372-0447
If you have any questions, feel free to call (412-372-5300) or e-mail Student Enrollments (Email switchboard at Gateway) or send a fax to 412-373-5731.