The Gateway School District is committed to effectively preparing students for the future by providing the skills necessary to compete in today’s technology-driven world. We believe that technology is not only a means to offer students a high quality education, but also an approach to equip them with the skills necessary to ensure success in any career path they choose. It’s no secret that skills in most all career fields require the use of some form of technology.
To this end, Gateway believes that technology should not only positively affect the our curriculum, student learning goals, research, and scholarly activities of our students, but also significantly impact how students and teachers work and communicate in our schools.
Through the use of technology in the classroom, we believe:
- Students will begin to learn how to use technology to access information more efficiently and effectively.
- Students will begin to see technology as a tool to evaluate information critically and competently.
- Students will begin to view technology as a means to research, gather, and analyze information accurately and creatively.
- Students will shift from passive listeners to active learners through contextual immersion.
- Students will become globally-literate and collaborative learners with a desire for immediate information and knowledge.
For more information, please download our technology plan.
To preview how the Gateway School District is using Technology click here to access our 2011 archived Technology Gazette.