Gateway School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu


How do I begin?

  1. Visit the Skyward New Student Online Enrollment portal and register an account.
  2. Once you have received your account information via email login to Skyward using the enclosed username and password.
  3. Follow the step by step instructions.

If at any point you have a question about the process please contact central registration at (412)373-5705.

Required Documents:

The following documents are required to complete the registration process.  The document may be scanned and attached to the Skyward enrollment application however if a scan or photograph of the documents is not possible please contact central registration at (412) 373-5705 to arrange for an appointment.

  1. Lease, mortgage statement or deed.
  2. Two Additional Proofs of Residency: Can be a current utility bill and one of the following: property tax bill, driver's license, or DOT identification card; or it can be two current utility bills. You can also bring a copy of the Municipality of Monroeville Occupancy Permit.
  3. Authorization for Verification of Address - Release of Information Agreement
  4. Birth Certificate, Passport, or Certificate of Baptism
  5. Immunization Records
    Your child will not be permitted to start classes without immunization records. The School District is not responsible for obtaining these records.
  6. Latest Report Card for Grades K – 8 or Current Transcript for Grades 9-12
  7. Parental Registration Statement (required for students transferring into the Gateway School District)
  8. Kindergarten Registration requires the following Forms: Physical Form, Dental Form, Lead Testing Record

When can my child begin classes?

At all levels K-12, the registration packet will be sent to the building principal. After the principal has reviewed the packet, it will be sent to the school nurse to be checked to insure that all immunizations have been received.

At the elementary (grades K-4) and middle school level (grades 5-8), the principal will make a homeroom assignment, notify the teachers and the Transportation Department, and gather an extra desk and books. You will then be notified by the building secretary or middle school counselors of the child’s homeroom assignment and bus information and the date your child can start classes:

At the high school level (grades 9 –12), you will be contacted by the guidance counselor to schedule your child’s courses. If you haven’t heard from the guidance counselor after three days, call the school’s guidance office:

If you have any questions, feel free to call (412)373-5705 or send a fax to 412-373-5731.