The mission of the Gateway School District, in cooperation with parents and other members of the community, is to provide quality educational opportunities for all students, to promote academic excellence in a safe and caring environment, to enhance self-confidence through personal responsibility, and to develop life-long learners who will be productive citizens in a diverse and changing world.
Gateway School District is located in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and is conveniently located off the Pennsylvania Turnpike and I-376, a major Pittsburgh corridor. Gateway is a award winning public school system that serves the communities of Monroeville and Pitcairn by educating 3,336 students in grades K-12 in 7 schools. The students receive a superior education, along with many co-curricular offerings delivered by a staff of 268 highly qualified teachers. In order to service the whole child and provide quality customer service to the community, the District employees 552 staff members who serve in the areas of administration, teachers, counselors, nurses, secretaries, custodians and maintenance workers, food service workers, aides, and extra curricula personnel. The District maintains a fiscally responsible approach to its budgeting process and operates on a $71.1 million budget that is governed by the Board of School Directors and the administration. As part of its services, Gateway provides quality transportation through its contracted bus provider, which utilizes the alternative fuel source, propane, for all of its buses and vans. The District also provides nutritious meals daily to its staff and students through an in-house Food Service Department.
District Profile FAQs
- Location: Gateway School District is located approximately 15 miles east of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Official Mailing Address: 9000 Gateway Campus Blvd., Monroeville, PA 15146-3377
- Communities Served: Monroeville and Pitcairn
- 2016-2017 Students: 3,336
- 2016-2017 Special Education Students: 630
- Staff: 586
- Elementary Schools (K-4): Evergreen, Dr. Cleveland Steward Jr, Ramsey, and University Park
- Middle Schools: Moss Side Middle (5-6) and Gateway Middle (7-8)
- High School (9-12): Gateway High School
- 2016-2017 Millage Rate: 19.3264 mills
- 2016-2017 Budget: $71,155,000
- 2016-2017 Bond Rating: Aa 3 from Moody's Investors Services
- 2016-2017 Market Value Ratio: 0.3929
TITLE IX/SECTION 504 STATEMENT
The Gateway School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or handicap/disability in its activities, educational programs or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504. Publication of this statement is in accordance with state and federal laws including Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures or inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 may be directed to Dr. Dennis Chakey, Assistant Superintendent, Title IX Coordinator at Gateway School District, 9000 Gateway Blvd, Monroeville, PA 15146 (412-373-5701).