Gateway Students - Accessing your bus stop information:
To access busing information on Skyward follow the below steps.
Note: You must use the website and not the mobile app for this information.
- Login to Skyward at https://skyward.gatewayk12.org
- On the left menu bar select "Student Information"
- Click "View Bus Schedule" on each student
- Click "View Pickup/Drop Off Bus Stops"
STA / Gateway Bus Garage
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to get the student to and from the stop, both in the morning and the afternoon. Bus stops are to be community collection points placed at street corners as much as possible. This reduces bus ride times dramatically.
Your children’s transportation is governed by the same rules as other families who do not have infants at home. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to get the students to and from the stop, both in the morning and afternoon.
Alternate Bus Assignments Due to Child-Care Arrangements
(YMCA BASE Program/Daycare Centers/Babysitting) -
Requests for alternate bus assignments for child-care purposes must be submitted YEARLY on the appropriate form, Request for Alternate Bus Assignment Due to Child-Care Arrangements. This form is available from this website or at all elementary school buildings and the Administrative Offices. Please note that the request must be for the same location five (5) days a week. The pick-up location can be different from the drop-off location if it is within the child's school attendance area. The request for change must be submitted by July 15th to ensure accurate busing on the first day of school.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR TRANSPORTATION
To Non-Public, Private and Charter Schools
If you have any questions, please call 412-373-5728
Transportation Eligibility Requirements:
- Legal resident of Monroeville or Pitcairn
- Student must be (5) years old before September 1st.
- Visit the Skyward New Student Online Enrollment portal and register an account.
- Once you have received your account information via email login to Skyward using the enclosed username and password.
- Follow the step by step instructions.
The following documents are required for registration and must be received to start the transportation registration process:
- CURRENT mortgage statement, deed or lease with signature page
- PA Driver’s License with current Monroeville or Pitcairn address.
- One (1) additional proof of residency (i.e., current utility bill, Government award letter, vehicle registration, bank statement, occupancy permit)
- Child's birth certificate, passport, or Baptismal Certificate
- Authorization for Verification of Address (Release of Information Agreement)
- Attending School must fax or email Verification of Enrollment Fax – 412-373-5731 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The district requires new proof of residency if you move during the school year--current mortgage/deed or lease, valid driver's license, current utility bill. Proof of residency should be presented at the District Administrative Offices at the addresses listed below. New busing will be arranged at that time. Parents/guardians of students who attend private/parochial schools are required to bring proof of residency to the Gateway School District Administrative Offices located at 9000 Gateway Campus Boulevard, Monroeville, PA 15146.
Temporary Bus Passes
Students are ONLY permitted to ride the bus or van to which they are assigned. Bus passes are only to be used for emergency situations. They will NOT be issued for students to visit friends, attend birthday parties, sleep-overs, or frequent child-care changes.
If you live on a state-designated hazardous road and your child's bus stop will be a home stop and not at a street corner, your child MUST be waiting at the end of the sidewalk or driveway.
STA / Gateway Bus Garage