Postsecondary Education/Training Resources
- College Board - Big Future College Search
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Pittsburgh Regional Building Trades Council
- Commonwealth Technical Institute at the Hiram G. Andrews Center
- South Hills & North Hills Beauty - Esthetics, Skin Care, and Make Up Courses
- Barber School of Pittsburgh
- PA Career Link
- PA Career Coach
- PA Career Cruising - you will need your school login to access your Career Cruising account information.
- D.R.E.A.M. Partnership - The mission of the D.R.E.A.M. Partnership is to develop a selection of post-secondary educational opportunities, including dormitory options, which lead to independent living and employment for students with intellectual disabilities in Pennsylvania.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- CCAC North Vocational Training Programs
- PA Department of Human Services "We Can Work!" Employment Resource Page
Independent Living Resources
- ACCESS Transportation - (412) 562-5353
- Voter Registration - How to Register to Vote
- Allegheny County Special Needs Registry - The Special Needs Registry is a volunteer registry of information by those with a mental or physical disability that would be helpful for emergency personnel to know when responding to a crisis.
- DON (Center for Independent Living) - DON is a consumer controlled, nonprofit organization in Western Pennsylvania, empowering people with disabilities to live as independently as they choose.
- Heritage Community Initiatives
- Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh
- Children's Hospital's Advisory Network for Guidance and Empowerment (CHANGE) - a youth-led and youth-driven initiative that advises youth, families, and professionals about the transition process.
Additional Agency Links
- ACHIEVA Family Trust
- Office of Developmental Supports (ODS) - ODS Registration Phone Number (412) 253-1250
- Office of Developmental Support (ODS) - Key Communicator Announcements
- Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Social Security Administration
- Medical Assistance - PA Health Law Project - getting Medical Assistance for a child with a severe disability is important. Use this link to help with the application process.
- PA Disability Rights Network
- Allegheny County Department of Human Services
- 2018 ACHIEVA Family Trust Speaker Series - Click on this link to begin planning for your child's financial future. The webinars on this site are archived and can be viewed as they are needed to support your financial planning.
- Pennsylvania Secondary Transition Guide - The PA Bureau of Special Education has developed this website to help you map out your plans for Transition.
Office of Vocational Rehabilitation