What clearances will potential volunteers need to submit?
According to Act 153, as of July 1, 2015 the following clearances are required for school volunteers. Please click on the links below to go directly to the appropriate website
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance(PSP - Act 34 clearance)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance(Act151clearance)
- If the individual has been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years complete and sign “Volunteer Clearance Exception” statement listed below.
- If the volunteer has not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years, he/she must apply for the Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI - FBI report -PDE-Act114)
- Register online. Effective November 28, 2017 the PDE has changed vendors for FBI fingerprint clearance processing from Cogent to IDEMIA. Registration is required in order to have fingerprints taken. Go to IDEMIA's website; Enter Service Code "1KG6ZJ", Press continue.
- Is a volunteer required to get ACT 126 Mandated Child Abuse Recognition and Reporter Training? No. Act 126 is a three hour professional development course in recognizing and reporting of child abuse. Under the current Child Protective Services Law, volunteers are not considered mandated reporters. Volunteers are provided the opportunity to participate in the training by accessing the free online training by going to the Pennsylvania Child Welfare Resource Center at www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu or contact 717-795-9048 for information. If you voluntarily choose to receive this training, you will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
How will volunteers submit their clearances?
Potential volunteers must present original clearances/exception statement to a school or District representative. It is highly recommended that potential volunteers also bring a copy of their clearances as this will expedite the process. Upon verifying the original clearances/exception statement, the school or District representative will return the originals back to the individual and retain a copy of each clearance/exception statement.
Below are the dates and times that individuals can submit their clearances to the Gateway School District. The collection procedures are varied based upon the time of year when someone is submitting their clearances. Clearances and exception forms will not be collected prior to July 6th.
Clearances can be submitted to any school building or the District Administrative Offices, Monday-Friday, during the times below:
- 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Gateway High School)
- 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM (Gateway Middle School)
- 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM (Moss Side Middle School)
- 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM (Elementary Schools)
- 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Administrative Office)
June 6 through August 7:
During the summer months, the District buildings and offices will be closed on Fridays. No clearances will be accepted.