Counseling Resources

Help Is Available:

Seek help from a trusted adult (school counselor, parent, teacher) if you, or a friend, are feeling depressed, suicidal, or just need to talk. This is a trying time for all in our school and community, and it is important to support and look out for one another during this time.

As a student: If you are concerned about a friend, talk to a trusted adult.

As a parent/guardian: If you are concerned about your child, please contact the high school counseling office at 412-372-0447.

Feelings of Anger: It is okay to feel angry. Feeling angry doesn’t mean that you don’t care. You can be angry at someone’s behavior and still care deeply about that person.

Feelings of Responsibility: This death is not your fault; we can’t always predict or control another person’s behavior


Crisis and Suicide Hotline - 412-820-HELP (412-820-4357)

Re:solve - 1-888-7-YOU CAN (1-888-796-8226)

Survivors of Suicide - 412-624-5170

The Highmark Caring Place – 1-888-224-4673 -

The Compassionate Friends - 412-835-1105 - Local |  877-969-0010 - National (For parents who have experienced the death of a child) - Good Grief Center for Bereavement Support - 412-224-4700 - Helpline - 412-255-1155